To All of our Members, Families and Friends.
Since our inception in 1966, OCMC has put the safety of our members and their families first, and will be following the recommendations from our governments and medical authorities regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Based on recent reports from the Prime Minister and health authorities, the ongoing concerns for our community's safety, the need for social-distancing, and recommendations to restrict the size of social gatherings, we will be working closely to determine if we have to postpone our season startup activities for 2020 due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Below are the modifications we are making
- April 1st Mandatory Meeting will need to be postponed until such time as the restrictions are lifted regarding group gatherings
- The Late membership charges will be extended by at least one month, depending on how long this restriction is in place
- Planned MX Startup of May 6th and Track Prep prior to this, could be impacted, but how much we do not know at this point and we will keep you posted
- XC MIni Pine Scheduled for May 24th is cancelled as the Ganaraska Forest has decided not to host any events in May and we're glad they are being proactive.
- Memberships can still be placed online which is a good thing, but late payments are expected as we postpone the Mandatory meeting scheduled for April 1st
- Alicia is available to answer any question regarding membership, races numbers etc and can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are hopeful that we will not be forced to cancel any further MX or XC events this season but we will ensure to communicate to everyone in the event that we must do so.
Thank you all for your continued support of our club as we manage through this difficult time.
Your OCMC Executive team
Two 9-race series every Tuesday night beginning on the first Tuesday of May through to September. Classes offered on the small track and big track range from Sportsman to Expert. We welcome all ages from 4 to 70 +.
A XC is an endurance race held through a mix of forested single track and open 2 track trials. Sometimes portions of a motocross track are also included. All events are family oriented with a race class for all ages and skill level. Various XC locations and dates are scheduled throughout the season.
Long distance events with a timed trails style of scoring that are designed to test your endurance and focus. These events included in our woods series are some of the most prestigious off road events in Ontario.